You probably won’t be surprised, but I used a bunch of different tools to build this website!
In order to help credit the tools and technology I used on this site, I’ve put together a general list of the main things I ended up using. As things evolve, I’ll make updates.
The site is built on the self-hosted version of WordPress, using Gutenberg. I’ve used Astra Pro as the theme since it’s somewhat easy to build upon to create something custom. The site is hosted by Linode and I use Cleavr as the deployment and hosting control panel.
The website body copy is set in Karla (regular, italic and bold), a grotesque sans serif typeface designed by Jonny Pinhorn. The titles are set in Bitter (regular, italic and bold), a “contemporary” slab serif typeface designed by Sol Matas for Huerta Tipográfica. In most cases we host the font files locally to protect our user’s privacy and to prevent rate limiting by external providers when using alternative services and tools, like a VPN.
Other tools, plugins and services
- Advanced Custom Fields Pro
- Advanced Custom Fields: Theme Code Pro by Hookturn.io
- Disable Topics API by Roy Tanck
- Filter Everything PRO by Andrii Stepasiuk
- Forminator by WPMU DEV
- Relevanssi by Mikko Saari
- Email by Fastmail
- Affinity Designer and Photo
- FileZilla Pro for FTP
- Notepad++ for code editing
- GenerateWP for custom post types and taxonomies